Today is supposedly the most romantic day of the year and so, as love is indeed ‘in the air’ or ‘all around us’, here’s a few reasons why I’ve fallen madly and passionately in love…. with freelancing ;-)
- My clients are amazing – I have a mixed bag of clients, all of whom are achieving fantastic results in their industries or areas of expertise. This may not always be the case, but I have to say right now I feel like I’m the luckiest freelancer around, because ALL of my current clients are just wonderful.
- It’s inspiring – Every day is different – different work, different demands, different outcomes. I offer skills in a number of areas so my workload is a complex mix of exciting projects. The variety of my work means that I’m constantly stretched and always having to come up with new ideas for my clients, which means I’m continually excited and inspired by what I do.
- I feel ‘free’ – I’ve mentioned this numerous times in past blog posts, but really you just can’t beat the freedom that you have working as a freelancer. I choose how and when I work which means that I’m always motivated (rather than being forced to work 9-5) and I can decide who I want to work with and who I don’t. As someone who craves independence, it’s amazing to have that choice.
- I’m at my best – As a freelancer, people are paying money for me – my talents, my expertise, my professionalism. Therefore I owe it to them to be the best I can be! I take great pride in my work and always aim to achieve excellent results for my clients. Their happiness is just as important to me as their money which means that I’m willing to go beyond what is expected, to make sure they are happy with my work, and me.
- It’s a confidence booster – I’ve been freelancing for around six months now, yet even so, I still experience the occasional niggling doubts. Freelancing is a continuous challenge with some days being much trickier than others but when things are going well, it’s the best confidence booster around.
- I’ve kissed goodbye to boredom! – Even when I don’t have much work to do, I’m never bored or lacking in stuff to do. In my quieter times, I read up on the latest developments in my areas of expertise to ensure I’m on the top of my game and when that’s done, well there’s always paper work and invoicing to do! It’s rare if I have nothing to do and that’s exactly how I like it.
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! With much love, as always. x